Assistant Professor (Lecturer) Computer Science
Mona is an accomplished and resourceful computer scientist and professional Natural Language Processing researcher with over 13 years of experience within undergraduate and postgraduate program teaching and academic administration as well as adult training and professional development. She is an ACM-W member and an active reviewer member for the TALLIP ACM transaction (https://tallip.acm.org/)
Mona has broad based theoretical, practical, teaching and learning experience with specialisations in the following areas:
• Performing high quality data and text research, and analysis using data and text mining, and machine learning techniques
• Lecturing computer science and information systems disciplines through the implementation of various learning methodologies
• Conducting literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research aspects to produce academic publications
• Leading research functions, and preparing journal and conference articles, papers and reports
• Providing supervision/tutoring for postgraduate students and leading undergraduate graduation projects.
• Organising and participating in academic and extra-curricular events within the academic institution and community, especially these which promote women achievements in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
In addition, Mona has a passion toward practising Neuro-Linguistic Programming and is strong believer in the positive influence of NLP techniques in aiding individuals reach their short and long term goals, and becoming the best version of themselves. She is a qualified NLP practitioner and accredited from the ANLP and INLPTA associations.
You can find more information about Mona on her linkedIn and you can follow her research on DBLP here: https://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/a/Ali:Mona_Mohamed_Zaki
Dr. Rehman Arshad works as a Research Associate at The Hut Group. He completed his PhD at University of Manchester under Software Systems Group. His research area includes; software product lines, component-based development and reverse engineering. Rehman has five years of industrial experience as a software engineer. He also worked in UMIP (The University of Manchester’s agent for Intellectual Property commercialisation and technology transfer) as fellow associate. He is currently teaching at THG accelerator and mentoring upcoming students via Manchester Network.
Principal Software Engineer
Shaun is a Principal Software Engineer at THG and has six years’ experience leading the development of the search, product, experimentation, recommendation and personalisation systems on the e-commerce platform. Most recently he has been working on R&D projects in the beauty space.
Prior to joining THG, he worked on an algorithmic trading system at an investment bank and has a first class degree in Computer Science from Cambridge University.